Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gangs and Clicks


Good Morning To All My Fam!!!!


This morning I feel the need to address somethings I have observed over my time working were I work. Gangs or so called clicks. See last night there was a dance at the school in the gym. So of course we know that the local gang members who used to attend the school are going to try to come. So after a couple of hours, just like clockwork here they come. Now only one of them is a current student, all the rest have gotten kicked out for various reasons. I known mostly all them since middle school and we have pretty good relationship. So I explain to them the dance is for current students only. So of course the lip service begins, but I'm like whatever with these young bucks. See they talk a real good game but as soon as one gets his behind stomped on(which I have seen many of times) then they all run away like Ben Johnson in the 84 Olympics(1984 Olympic Tickets $200 dollars, Parking $25 dollars, America Flag $10 dollars, Seeing the expression on Carl Lewis's face when Ben Johnson crossed the line before him......Priceless!!! HAHAHA ok I'm back). So the one who is a student comes in and comes back outside about five minutes later. So they finally leave. So about an hour later they come back and try to force there way in. So this were they make a big mistake, see I am very peaceful guy until you push my buttons and I pray that NO ONE every has to see this side of me. So when they stepped up I got right with them and told them," Y'all not coming in and has simple than that". So the dumb one says "F*** Big Bert man we going in anyway". So I just look at him like he was outside of his mind. They then walked away and continued to wait in the parking lot for some of the students to come out. OK I said all of that to kinda give some insight on what I deal with on a daily basis at the high school where I work. The crazy thing is this now watch on Monday there going to come and chat it up with me and act like nothing ever happen on yesterday. This brings me to this, why do they join gangs? What is it that is so appealing to join a gang? See my father told me, like his father told him,"Son the day you join a gang, make sure you pack up your stuff and move in with them". See I got the concept that these dudes weren't going to do half the stuff my mom and dad were doing for me. So is it that today's youth is feeling like this what I have to do to survive? I try to explain to them everyday the consequences for there actions. Let's go back to last night so they waited in the parking lot for a while, so I really didn't feel like dealing with none of it, so I called my boy who works for the Sheriff's and had him send me a couple of units over. So the units came over and scooped all of them up and took them away. See consequences for there actions. Had they just left and said it's all good we not trying to get no trouble, then It would have been cool. But being stupid got them put in the back of the black and white. My theory is this, because of lack of discipline in the home, broken homes, or no parental guidance in the homes this why most of the youth join gangs or clicks. This is why it so important us as people when we interact with gang members or there associates that we must not be so quick to judge them but to embrace them and let them know someone else cares about them. See for most of them all there life they have been around negativity and hearing negative things being said to them. So the last thing they need is one more person being negative. Don't be afraid to speak to them, reach out to them or talk to them. You would be surprised how many of them just had no one to talk to so they hooked with this crew so they can be heard. Man if we can turn one of them around to the right path and show him the love and compassion that God showed us, you would be surprised because he will be able to go speak to them on there level. Well this it for today, let's be the light in this world that can be so dark at times!! Have a great weekend!! HOLLA!!!!

2 comments: