Sunday, March 22, 2009

21 Days!!!!


Good Afternoon Fam!!!!

I usually don't like to blog on Sunday's but today I just felt it. Today at church(New Philadelphia A.M.E. www.nuphilly.org) was really awesome and Pastor Gordon really brought a word. I won't go into great detail(you got buy the CD or DVD lol!!) but he spoke from Joel 2:21-29(You can read it below!). He talked about the Road to Recovery. He spoke about that no matter what you going through, if you just look to God you will get through whatever it is. Also that you shall receive the promise that God has promised you. He also challenged those who haven't been doing the fast that he assigned to us about three weeks ago to start from today the 21 day fast of just fruits and vegetables. Don't just do this to loose weight or for your personal gain, but do it for someone or something other than yourself. I encourage you to try this and watch what God begins to do for you and that situation. Well have a great rest of your Sunday. Be Blessed. Holla!!!

Joel 2:21-29

21 Be not afraid, O land;
be glad and rejoice.
Surely the LORD has done great things.

22 Be not afraid, O wild animals,
for the open pastures are becoming green.
The trees are bearing their fruit;
the fig tree and the vine yield their riches.

23 Be glad, O people of Zion,
rejoice in the LORD your God,
for he has given you
the autumn rains in righteousness.
He sends you abundant showers,
both autumn and spring rains, as before.

24 The threshing floors will be filled with grain;
the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.

25 "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
the great locust and the young locust,
the other locusts and the locust swarm
my great army that I sent among you.

26 You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,
and you will praise the name of the LORD your God,
who has worked wonders for you;
never again will my people be shamed.

27 Then you will know that I am in Israel,
that I am the LORD your God,
and that there is no other;
never again will my people be shamed.

The Day of the LORD
28 "And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment