Monday, April 13, 2009

Thankful For Obedience!!!

(I TOOK THIS PIC!!! )

Good Afternoon FAM!!!

Ok so today I won't be before you long(I love it Pastors, Preachers, or anyone who speaks says this because they usually are before you super long!!). Ok so on yesterday I had a great Resurrection day!! Pastor brought a great word or should I say words because he preached two different messages at 6am and 9am(check out nuphilly.org get copies of both messages). I gotta say that I'm thankful for God looking out for me and me taking heed to His direction. Man have you ever just stopped and realized that on a Daily basis God allows things NOT to happen to you for being obedient(Even sometimes while you disobedient, but we'll talk about that later!!).....Man you would be thanking, praising and worshiping Him. What's even more crazy is that if you were to REALLY read the bible(not just scan it while your at church). He tells us this in the bible about heeding His instruction and being obedient. Samuel 15:22 says, "But Samuel answered, "What pleases the Lord more: burnt offerings and sacrifices or obedience to his voice. It is better to obey better than sacrifice. It is better to listen to God than to offer the fat of sheep." At the end of the day you want to be found pleasing in His eyesight. So you need to obey His word and obey Him. Ok so as stated in some of my other blogs I read Proverbs everyday this morning was Proverbs 13. The first verse states,"A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker doesn't listen to the rebuke." Ok that's it in itself. HEED your Father's instruction. Need I say more on this on. Ok I gotta backtrack because the I read Proverbs 12 and 13 this morning. In Proverbs 12:1 " Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid." Ok that's not a misprint nor did I put these words in the Bible. Yes it says STUPID!!!!! I was shocked as well. But it's the truth I mean it is so true. Sometimes it hurts because you don't understand why He is disciplining you, but when you finally get it WOW!!! Then you look and say I am SO THANKFUL that he did stop me in my tracks!!! When God is trying to work some stuff, allow Him to do it. You will be so much better off if you do. It's hard but continue to stay focused on Him and He will get you through it!! Have a great night!!!

1 comment: