Thursday, April 2, 2009

Making Up Your Mind Already!!


Good Morning Fam!!!!!!!




I did not blog yesterday because my Pastor put us on a fruit juice and water fast along with limited to no cell phone or Internet uses and no television(at least that's what I thought he said, it was good that I didn't though I felt much better). So today I want to talk about Making Up Your Mind.



Last night I went to Bible Study for the first time at my church(www.nuphilly.org). I usually have a rehearsal every Wednesday night but last night I was off so I decided to go. I was very very happy that I did attend. Pastor spoke about "Taming The Tongue". I won't go into detail but read James 3:1-12, make sure read it in ALL the versions(NIV, King James, New King James, Amplified, English Standard, Korean, Russian ok I went to far but you get it the picture!!!) so you can really get it. Ok so anyway some people last night brought up some really good points. One of them was "Decisions". This one stuck out to me because my last blog was about "Choices". I think the two go hand and hand. Why is it hard for people to make up there mind to do something? Have you ever had this happen, "Hey lets go get something to eat, where do you wanna go? Umm I don't know you choose. Ok well I don't know either." You go back and forth and before you know it you end at the same ole place because no one can make up there mind. I know I am so guilty of this. I would be so indecisive when it comes to little things like where to eat, what movie to watch, what do for the night, and I think the biggest one for some males and a lot of females is what to wear(Don't look at me in that tone voice!!!!LOL!!). But why do we have this problem? This is just my theory, it's in your mind!! I think we get so caught up in planning out bigger stuff that when we get to the small things we can do it. I feel that if you can create this big plan for your job or for anything that is relatively significant than you should be able to do this with small things. You have be able to set in your mind that I am going to make sure that I plan out everything. Now please don't get me wrong being spontaneous is a great thing!! It keeps you on your toes!! I will be the first to admit that I love to be spontaneous, but sometimes it can get out of hand. You got to make up your mind that I will no longer be indecisive but I will take initiative. Even with serving God you need to make up your mind that I am going to go all out for God(He went all out for us, when He sent his son!!). I'm going to go far and above from the norm to be found pleasing in His eyesight. Today take the first step in making up your mind, try to start small then go step by step. My great granddaddy use to say,"If you take one step, God will take two". Take the step and see what God can do for you. Have a FANTABULOUS day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment