Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Man Freddie!!!!


Wzup Fam!!! Ok today was a sad note but a good one. One of my influences has gone on to leave this earth....Freddie Hubbard! Man I gotta say first and foremost had it not been for my late music teacher Mr. John Magruder, I would probably would not know who this great musician/composer was. It's a sad note because he's gone but it's good one because as I see it in my head him and Mr. Mc G are up there playing together and hopefully there playing my favorite song "Little Sunflower". This is one of my favorites by Freddie. He will be missed greatly. I want everyone to sit back and listen to song posted below. As you listen just close your eyes and get away for a moment in your mind. For my jazz heads just picture Freddie blowing this song. For me It's Freddie on bugle horn and Mc G on flute. Play on yall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment